What is Cogi?
Cogi is a free audio notetaking and recording app.
What can it do?
It allows you to capture short sections of audio using a simple record button. You can then highlight particular parts of the recording when you think ‘this is important I must make a note of this’. In case you missed the first part of the idea, it will go back 15 seconds within the recording to capture what you might have missed. You can also add important notes, photographs and visual information such as whiteboards/presentation slides within the recording. This means you can stay focused on what is being said instead of having to take notes.
Download it now
How could it be used for learning, teaching and assessment?
- Recording lecture notes and highlighting key points.
- Recording personal tutorials.
- Recording group work sessions and highlighting action points.
- Download the Cogi app on your mobile device.
- Attend a meeting and ask the other people’s permission to record it.
- Start a session.
- Touch the highlight button when a key point is made.
- Review the recording after the meeting.
Before using any mobile application or online service please check the terms and conditions to ensure you are aware of the implications of using the service. In particular, look out for items covering data security, ownership of content and public/private sharing options.
If you would like further support to get an idea of how you could use Cogi within learning and teaching, please contact the Technology Enhanced Learning team on firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 1865.