What is it?
Camtasia is a relatively easy to use video, audio and screen capture tool ideal for making engaging training videos.
What can it do?
A simple timeline lets you add multiple tracks of audio and video as well as special effects and transitions between scenes. You can import media from recording devices like phones or webcams, and all of your media can be easily cut and pasted. Furthermore completed videos can be output in a variety of formats for sharing directly onto YouTube or uploaded into Media Gallery to share with students on Course Resources.
Download it now
How could it be used for learning, teaching and assessment?
- Creating software training videos
- Creating documentary style videos with multiple scenes
- Creating flipped classroom style content videos
- Create videos which have a quiz as an overlay on the video (SCORM compatible)
- Download and install Camtasia (might need support from ITS on a university machine)
- Record the screen on a piece of software you use, and provide a voiceover commentary on what you’re doing
- Produce the video into an MP4 file, and upload it into Media Gallery
- Embed the video from Media Gallery into a Course Resources module
Before using any mobile application or online service please check the terms and conditions to ensure you are aware of the implications of using the service. In particular, look out for items covering data security, ownership of content and public/private sharing options.
If you would like further support to get an idea of how you could use Camtasia within learning and teaching, please contact the Technology Enhanced Learning team on email@example.com or ext 1865.