What is Instagram?
Instagram is a photo and video sharing social network app. You can share your photos to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Swarm and Flicker. It is available form iTunes, Google Play, with limited access online. It also has some nice simple photo editing tools and filters.
What can it do?
- Share your photos and videos by searches through #tag, location, subject or user.
- Search for photos by location and subject, user or #tag
- You can follow other users
- Edit photos with simple tools and filters
- Upload your photos and videos to other social networks
Download it now
How could it be used for learning, teaching and assessment?
- The location tags on photos are ideal for documenting field trips
- Share your photos and videos, is a good way for students to publicise their work and get feedback.
- Searching for local photos is a way to get an idea of what is in an area.
- Create an account for Instagram or use your Facebook account to login.
- Take a picture with the App.
- Adjust the image
- Apply a filter
- Share the photo on Facebook or Twitter
- Follow some of your friends.
Before using any mobile application or online service please check the terms and conditions to ensure you are aware of the implications of using the service. In particular, look out for items covering data security, ownership of content and public/private sharing options.
If you would like further support to get an idea of how you could use Instagram within learning and teaching, please contact the Technology Enhanced Learning team on email@example.com or ext 1865.