What is it?
Animoto, turns video clips, photos and music into creative video slideshows. You pick your photos, clips and have the option to choose a song. This is available as a mobile app.
What can it do?
- Easy to use
- Customisable, choose from a wide variety of video style options
- Has a vast music library to pick from
- Embed, share and download options available
Download it now
How could it be used for learning, teaching and assessment?
- Create videos that can be used to introduce yourself and a module to new students.
- Research reports, encourage students to engage with using videos to present new ideas and findings.
- If you want to test if students have grasped a concept ask them to portray it in a video.
- Create short slideshows to embed into a larger presentation
- Use it to animate any graphical data in a more dynamic way
- Sign up for an Animoto account
- Create a new video slideshow
- Browse through a selection of video styles and pick one
- Pick as many photos, and video clips you wish to add
- Add text to any of the photos and video clips added
- Change the song if you wish to
- Preview the video you have created
Before using any mobile application or online service please check the terms and conditions to ensure you are aware of the implications of using the service. In particular, look out for items covering data security, ownership of content and public/private sharing options.
If you would like further support to get an idea of how you could use Animoto within learning and teaching, please contact the Technology Enhanced Learning team on email@example.com or ext 1865.