What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is a mobile messaging app used to share photos, videos, text and drawings but only for a brief amounts of time.
What can it do?
- Send videos and pictures for free
- Add a ‘Story’ – a 24 hour collection of your photos and videos which you can broadcast to the world, or just your followers.
- Allows you to live video or audio chat with friends
- Access pages such as BuzzFeed, National Geographic and Sky News (along with many more)
Download it now
How could it be used for learning and teaching?
- Engage students through a Snapchat Q&A
- A 24 story which can act as a reminder to students for deadlines
- Bitesize lessons and tips
- Sharing ideas in an easy way to communicate
- Download Snapchat
- Sign up and make an account
- Take a picture and try swiping through filters to add the time
- Share it to your story
Before using any mobile application or online service please check the terms and conditions to ensure you are aware of the implications of using the service. In particular, look out for items covering data security, ownership of content and public/private sharing options.
If you would like further support to get an idea of how you could use Snapchat within learning and teaching, please contact the Technology Enhanced Learning team on firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 1865.