What is Explain Everything?
Explain Everything is an interactive whiteboard, screencasting tool. It is available as a mobile app. However, there is a cost of £4.49 . Please be aware of this, if you choose to use it.
What can it do?
With the Explain Everything app, you can import documents, pictures, videos and sound files to your project and then add drawings, annotations, animations and voice over narrations. The final project can be recorded and shared with other people.
Animate by using a variety of tools and draw in multiple colours on a virtually unlimited space.
Rotate, move and arrange any object added to the stage. Record and playback your screencasts.
Integrates with multiple import and export sources, for example Google Drive, Dropbox. Import images, videos, PDFs and more. Export to MP4, PDF, PNG and editable projects.
How to download:
How could it be used for learning, teaching and assessment?
- Instructional videos, create step by step how to videos with text or voice
- Creating flipped content style videos
- Check students understanding and knowledge by asking them to create an ‘Explain Everything’ presentation.
- To give feedback to students on their work: student feedback
- Download the app ‘Explain Everything’
- Open the app and click on the ‘plus’ sign to start a new project
- Add a photo or document from your iPad
- Use the annotation tools, press record and a voice over narration
- Stop the recording
- Export to video to your email account
Please be aware the app costs £4.49. Before using any mobile application or online service please check the terms and conditions to ensure you are aware of the implications of using the service. In particular, look out for items covering data security, ownership of content and public/private sharing options.
If you would like further support to get an idea of how you could use Explain Everything within learning and teaching, please contact the Technology Enhanced Learning team on email@example.com or ext 1865.